This colorful wrap is great for back-to-school lunches. Red Foods (like the tomato and bell pepper) help us have strong hearts and a sharp memory. Orange Foods (like carrots) help us see better. Green Foods (like the spinach) give us strong muscles, bones, and teeth.
- 1 whole wheat wrap (look for 3g of fiber or more)
- 1 red bell pepper
- ¼ cup shredded carrot
- ½ cup clean spinach
- 1 large vine ripe tomato
- 2 tbsp yellow onion
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup pinto beans
- 2 slices Clover Monterey Jack Cheese
- Rinse the pinto beans. Put 1/2 cup of beans into a bowl and season with salt and olive oil.
- Make the Pico de Gallo by dicing the onion and chopping the tomato. Add lime juice and salt to taste.
- Remove the seeds and “julienne” (or cut into “matchsticks”) the red pepper.
- Build the wrap by layering cheese, beans, Pico de Gallo, bell pepper, carrot and spinach. Roll it up and enjoy!