Oats are full of fiber, which makes them one of the best ways to fuel up in the morning. They’re also healthy for your heart and can stabilize your blood sugar. Try using different fruit and topping
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond, coconut, or cashew milk
- 1 or 2 drops vanilla extract
- 1 or 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds or other nuts
- 1/2 cup blueberries or other berries
- Combine all ingredients except the berries and nuts in a bowl or jar, mix well, and cover.
- Refrigerate for at least 5 hours, or overnight.
- Serve cold for breakfast, topped with berries and nuts. Enjoy!
- Be sure to read the label! “Rolled oats” (and “instant oats”) are best for this recipe. “Steel-cut oats” won’t become soft overnight.