Zucchini noodles are a fun alternative to regular pasta. They provide vitamins A and C, and very few calories. Try this Zucchini Spaghetti recipe with other vegetables you enjoy, like carrots or yellow summer squash. They’re all delicious.
Serves 4 - 6
- 6 zucchini
- Olive oil to coat pan
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 white onion, peeled, halved, and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 lemons, juiced
- Dried basil (and/or other spices for seasoning)
- Optional: sesame seeds for topping
- 1 large mixing bowl
- Knife + Cutting board
- Measuring spoons/cup
- Spiralizer, julienne slicer,
or vegetable peeler
- Large pan with lid
- Using a Spiralizer, julienne slicer, or regular vegetable peeler, make zucchini spaghetti.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan, then add the tomatoes, onion, and garlic. Cook for a few minutes until softened. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the lemon juice, dried basil or other spices, and zucchini. Stir together, cover, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve the zucchini spaghetti, top with sesame seeds, and enjoy!
- Avoid peeling zucchini before spiralizing! It may become slimy and soggy
- Never salt zucchini once it is heating in the pan, it may turn soggy