This recipe uses fresh fruits and spices and is so much better for you than store-bought apple cider, which is loaded with sugar and processed ingredients!
Get ready to make your home smell delicious and inviting for the holidays!
- 7 medium apples, cored and quartered with skin (a mix of Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, Gala)
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into segments
- ½ cup fresh cranberries
- 8-10 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1-2 whole star anise
- ½ cup of coconut sugar to sweeten (optional)
- Add ingredients to a pot, pressure cooker, or slow cooker.
- Add water to cover all of the ingredients.
- Boil ingredients. (Cooking options: a. Stovetop – high heat for 3 hours, b. Pressure Cooker – high pressure for 15 minutes, quick release after 10 minutes. c. Slow Cooker – low heat for 4 hours)
- Mash the fruit with a potato masher or fork to release the juices.
- Strain solids and serve.
- You may store the cider without solids in an airtight container for up to 1 week or freeze for later use.