Making hummus at home is easy and affordable! There is lots of room to experiment and play with this recipe - add different spices, infused olive oils, roasted veggies, etc. Hummus can be served with bread, tortilla, crackers, veggie sticks, or on our Hummus Veggie Sandwich.
- 3 or 4 cloves garlic
- 2 (15-oz.) cans low-sodium garbanzo beans (also called chickpeas)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Sriracha, or other hot pepper sauce, to taste (optional)
- Blender or Food processor
- Strainer (for beans)
- Knife + Cutting board
- Can opener
- Measuring spoons/cup
- Butter knife for hummus
- Drain garbanzo beans and reserve the liquid.
- Combine all ingredients except reserved bean liquid in a blender. Blend
together, adding reserved bean liquid as needed, to form a smooth puree
- Taste and add more hot sauce, salt, or freshly ground black pepper, if needed
- Serve with vegetables or bread, or as a sauce for pasta or salad. Click here for FEAST's Hummus Veggie Sandwich recipe.