This romesco sauce recipe was created by Crafted Hospitality and taught to FEAST participants at PS 112 by Craft Chef Travis Soward, adding Craft's veggie grain bowl creates a complete dish for dinner!
Romesco Sauce Ingredients
- 1 can roasted red peppers
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Veggie grain bowl Ingredients
- 1.5 cups uncooked quinoa
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pint cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 red onions
- 1 pint red wine vinegar
- 1 bunch radish
- 1 pint snap peas
- Olive oil
Romesco sauce Preparation
- Clean peppers from any seeds or leftover skin
- Toast almonds in a pan until golden brown.
- Chop (or blend in a food processor) all the peppers and almonds until desired consistency. For a dipping sauce it would be best to be a little thicker.
- Season with the sherry vinegar, salt, and pepper. Stir in olive oil.
Veggie Grain Bowl Preparation
- Combine quinoa, 3 cups water, bay leaf, and 1 tbsp salt in a pot and cook covered on a low temperature until all the water is evaporated.
- Put a large pot of water on the stove at high heat
- Cut cremini mushrooms into quarters and heat a sauté pan to medium heat
- Add olive oil to the pan and add mushrooms and cook till golden brown season with salt & pepper.
- Slice Red onions as thinly as possible and cover with red wine vinegar.
- Clean and cut radishes lengthwise and reserve in cold water.
- In a bowl mix the quinoa with the cooked mushrooms, pickled onions, breakfast radish and snap peas.
- Drizzle romesco sauce on top as desired and enjoy!