Everyone loves a pasta salad and unlike regular pasta, whole wheat pasta has fiber! Look on the back of the package—3 grams of fiber or more is best!
- 1 pound whole-wheat pasta of choice
- 1 can low-sodium garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1/2 purple onion, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced (optional)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (from 2 large lemons)
- 1/3 cup water or low sodium broth of choice, as needed to moisten
- Fresh herbs like parsley or basil
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse pasta in cool water.
- Combine pasta and remaining ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. For best taste, refrigerate for a few hours before serving.