This seasonal salad uses a delicious roasted acorn squash, which adds a hint of natural sweetness and is full of vitamins, nutrients and fiber!
Tip: To make the kale easier to chew, be sure to remove the spine of the leaves. You can also sautee kale for a few minutes to wilt the leaves and enjoy a warm salad!
- 1 acorn squash
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups kale
- 1 cup pecans
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice acorn squash and toss with (2 tbsp) olive oil and spread across a baking sheet.
- Roast squash for 30-40 minutes until tender. Remove and set aside.
- For the dressing, whisk together lemon juice, Dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, and minced garlic.
- Slowly pour in (½ cup) olive oil to the dressing mixture and whisk well.
- Combine roasted kabocha squash, kale, pecans, and pomegranate seeds in a bowl. Add dressing to taste.