Tofu is a perfect substitute for meat that is packed with protein and helps to lower LDL cholesterol! This delicious recipe was created by our culinary partners at Crafted Hospitality and is a great on-the-go lunch or elegant entree. The crunch of the snow peas is complimented by silky tofu and fresh citrus which will make this your new go-to dish.
- 1/2 12oz package of extra firm tofu
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1tsp Dijon mustard
- 2tsp kosher salt
- 2tsp sugar
- 16 each snow peas
- Remove one of the two blocks of tofu from package. Wrap the other block, reserving it for later use. Pat tofu dry with paper towel to remove any excess moisture.
- Either on a preheated oiled grill or grill pan quickly mark tofu. Staring vertical grill tofu for 90 seconds. Then quarter turn and grill for another 90 seconds. Flip tofu over to the other side and do the same. Set aside and allow to cool.
- While tofu is cooling, add lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt, sugar and one ice cube to blender. Turn blender on low and slowly pour in olive oil until all has been emulsified into vinaigrette. Place vinaigrette in a container and set aside.
- In an 8qt pot, bring lightly salted water to a rolling boil. Fill a large bowl with ice cubes and water. Place snow peas into boiling water for two minutes or until cooked through. Strain and place immediately in to ice water to stop the cooking process.
- On a cutting board, cut grilled tofu in half vertically. Then cut each half in half vertically so you have four even pieces. Take each piece and cut in half horizontally. Then cut each half in half horizontally once more. The end result should be sixteen even cubes.
- In a small mixing bowl, toss your grilled tofu cubes with the lemon vinaigrette just enough to coat the cubes.
- With an 8-inch bamboo skewer, pierce the bottom part of a snow pea. Pierce a tofu cube and wrap the snow pea around tofu, skewering the top part of the snow pea to secure.
- Serve skewers at room temperature