Did You Know:
Kids will love making these colorful veggie wraps. Let them choose the ingredients they like, wrap them up, and enjoy!
This recipe also makes a great, simple crunchy salad. Just chop up the ingredients, toss in a bowl, and dig in!
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 can low-sodium or organic cannellini beans, drained
- 1 orange pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 or 2 avocados, sliced
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (from 2 or 3 large lemons)
- Sesame seeds (If no sesame seeds, use sliced almonds or sunflower seeds)
- 1 firm head of iceberg lettuce, romaine lettuce or cabbage*
*If using cabbage, cut the head in half, core it and soften the leaves by dipping in hot water for a few minutes. This will make them softer.
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 small mixing bowl
- 2 large stirring spoons
- Knife + Cutting board
- Measuring spoons/cup
- Grater if using whole carrots
- Combine the carrots, beans, pepper, onion and avocado in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, make the dressing by blending together the mustard and lemon juice until smooth. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the bowl of vegetables and beans. Toss to combine, then top with sesame seeds.
- Peel off individual leaves of lettuce or cabbage. Being careful not to overstuff them, add a few spoonfuls of the dressed vegetable and bean mix and fold over to make a burrito. Enjoy!